Do you want your reception to rock?
Where’s the fun in playing air guitar to a pre-recorded track when uncle Bob could be rockin’ out, shoulder to shoulder, with a Roman Holiday axe grinder?
Remember, you’re celebrating the biggest day of your life. So, when all the “formal” stuff is over and you want to let your veil down (or would that be up?), you want to throw a party friends and family will be talking about for years. We suggest you ditch the DJ and literally liven up the music. Why?
People will stick around for the party – There’s little mystery in a DJ, but fill a stage with guitars and drums and people want to see what it’s all about.
Better pictures – With so much fun happening, there are great shots everywhere.
It’s just more fun – Guitarists roaming the dance floor, a bridesmaid shaking the tambourine, even the bride and groom playing a little cowbell.
You can book Roman Holiday directly by contacting Ned at (512)461-2643, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the online booking service Gigmasters by clicking the image below.
But it’s not all show…
Roman Holiday does more than simply put on a great performance for a few hours at the end of the reception.
In addition to the show itself, Roman Holiday offers the following services:
- Master of Ceremonies (all of the announcing)
- Pre-recorded music during cocktail hour, dinner, introductions, special dances and breaks. Roman Holiday has a large library of tunes from which to chose, or you can provide your own.
- If your cocktail hour is in another room in the hall, a small sound system can be provided in that area.
- Wireless microphone for toasts, speeches, etc.
It’s all in the details
Putting on a great live show involves much more than a group of good musicians. The performers may be great, but what matters is the overall presentation. For this you need well-planned production with a sound system made up of quality components.Here are some of the things Roman Holiday does to produce a successful event:
- The modern and efficient sound system is complete with subwoofers and, if needed, side-fill speakers that allow folks on either side of the performance area to hear announcements.
- Stage volume management. Guitar, bass and drums can be run direct for maximum volume control. Want it loud and rocking? No problem! Want a nice managed volume so grandma is comfortable? That’s no problem, either.
- Most of the band’s lighting uses extremely efficient LED technology and is synchronized to each song. This not only minimizes heat, but drastically reduces the band’s power requirements at the venue.
- Backups of all critical gear allow the show to go on no matter what.
- At the end of the night, the band packs up in under an hour. This minimizes clean-up time and could save on your hall rental costs – no going into overtime because of a slow band.
Where the rubber meets the road
What people are saying about Roman Holiday
In the end, all that really matters is the success of your event. It’s quite likely you will have never seen the band in person prior to booking them, so below are some testimonials from happy and satisfied clients of Roman Holiday, from thank you letters and online comments on our booking sites. Formal references are available upon request.
“Please tell everyone that you guys were awesome!!! The reception was incredible and everyone kept talking about how awesome the party was…… in fact they can’t stop talking!!!”
Ellen, July 2009 – Austin, TX
“Ned, Brian, and Greg (aka Roman Holiday) rocked our wedding. They came with a mission to rock and liven up our rained on outdoor wedding, and they did just that. Everyone loved them, especially me with their Cure shot out and some Bon Jovi, for a Jersey boy. They we so into the crowd that they played more songs even after their time was up. The wedding attendants loved every minute of it. We received tons of complements on the band.”
David, May 2009 – New Ulm, TX
“These guys are Awesome,,, they were very pleasing, easy to work with, very accommodating, and most of all they Rocked! I would definitely hire them again for an event. Thanks Ned and the Gang!!!!!”
Julio M, January 2009 – San Antonio, TX
“We had Roman Holiday perform for my husband\’s 40th Birthday! They were great. Everyone kept raving about the band. They made the party! If your looking for guys who sound great, enjoy playing and really add to the party look no further. Without hesitation we recommend Roman Holiday!!!!”
Heather, 2008 – Seguin, TX
“These guys were great, very professional and all together. Their sound system was awesome and the vocals were fantastic. We would use them again….they were Great!!!”
Kristen R, Cedar Park, TX
“I could not have hoped for a better band to perform at my wedding. Brian went above and beyond to learn some songs that had special meaning to me and my husband. It was such a personal touch. In addition, Brian tried his hand at some acoustical classics for the actual ceremony. Truly a good sport. Later on, they rocked the house and got the party going. Thank you so much for all your hard work! You guys are the best!”
Laura G, Fredericksburg, TX
“Roman Holiday made our holiday party a tremendous success! They are fun, talented and very accommodating – accepting requests and playing to the crowd! We loved them!”
Pat B, Austin, TX